Welcome to Brisbane!
Day tours, with a local
Our tours in Brisbane show you our hidden gems, colonial past, Aboriginal stories, and modern culture. We are also Brisbane's #1 tour operator on TripAdvisor and if you scroll down the page you will see some of our traveller feedback. What are we all about? Read our about us page to get to know us a little better.
We believe there is more to Brisbane city than most people discover on their holiday. So, are you looking for a Brisbane tour that's a little different? Check out our new look heritage Contrasts of Brisbane walking tour! Or try our other cycling or food and drink tour experiences.
Although Brisbane is a city still relatively young, is it rich in history. Set on the Brisbane River, within close proximity to the coast and beaches, and with a great all year climate, it’s no secret why thousands of Australians are moving to Brisbane each month. Brisbane Urban Adventures invites you to discover this exuberant city and its surrounds, meet the locals, unravel its history, and enjoy some local delicacies, all on unique Brisbane tours led by our friendly and professional local guides.
Brisbane has become increasingly recognised for its live music and nightlife, with places like Fortitude Valley offering a vibrant scene now a must visit for any newcomers to Brisbane. If good food is your fetish, then Brisbane offers up a diverse cuisine and dining experience, reflecting the heavy influence that multiculturalism has played on Brisbane.
Our specially designed Brisbane tours allow you to discover the city in a personal and unique way. So whether you can see yourself cycling along the river, relaxing at our urban beaches or sub-tropical gardens, learning about the chequered history of this vivacious city, heading to Moreton Bay for some fish and chips, or learning about Aboriginal history whilst taking in the stunning views from Mount Coot-tha, there are many Brisbane Urban Adventures waiting for you!
Explore Brisbane's laneway pubs and bars with a unique selection of boutique brews, mix in some historical and topical chat, and you've got a real urban adventure! We'll introduce a Brisbane tucked away in city side streets and back courtyards, where ANZAC, WWII, and unmarked convict heritage abounds, with some of the best selection of beers to be found anywhere — where isn't this sounding brilliant?more...
Brisbane Indulgence From AUD 69.00
Get an insider’s perspective on Australia’s newest style hub: Brisbane! Discover local and international designs, get pampered with cosmetics, indulge in chocolates, and sample cocktails and bubbles at sophisticated watering holes. Along the way, get the secret scoop on one of the swankiest establishments about town.more...
Clean Up Australia Day
Place: Everywhere - [ 06/03/2015 ]
This annual event in its 20th year, is a national call to arms to get out and clean up the environment around us.Anzac Day
Place: Australia Wide - [ 25/04/2015 ]
This is a special day for Australian's as we remember servicemen and women who have represented our country with honour, and especially those who gave the ultimate sacrifice.Brisbane Festival
Place: Brisbane - [ 04/09/2015 - 24/09/2015 ]
During the Brisbane Festival, the city takes on a whole new vibrancy. Countless events and showcases occur at the Cultural Centre, Queens Park, South Bank, plus other locations throughout the city.more events...
Original Owners of the Land
more... more stories...
Please note are tours in Brisbane are not running at present.
We believe Brisbane is an amazing and unique city, and often overlooked by many travellers coming to Australia on their way up the coast. We want you to explore and get to know the sights, sounds and culture of Brisbane through the eyes of a local on our Brisbane tours!
Feels like: 25°C
Passing clouds. Mild.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.